After 7 years of marriage and 20 years of being friends, the Chef and I have decided to start dating again. And NO, I don't mean other people. We have decided to date each other. Inspired by this Tumblr, the Chef & I will spend the next 30 days rekindling the fire that gets blown out by work, kids, food, business, chickens, books, tv, family, or whatever else is on our crazy life schedule.
Today we start anew.
These are the rules:
30 DAYS OF DATING RULES
1. One day per week. Dates must be preplanned and must focus on spending time together.
2. Date nights: no animals or children sleep with us.
3. Dates can be during the day or at night.
4. Dates should encourage learning more about Cleveland and interacting with the city.
5. Budget per date $100 max.
6. Each week one person should do something thoughtful or go out of their way for the other, an act of kindness or romance.
7. MAKEOUT once per day.
8. Shower once per day. Hottub dip does not count.
9. Dress well for each other. No jorts.
10. No talking about the restaurants or work. At all. Ever. FOR SERIOUS.
11. All dates should be put on the calendar at least 24 hours in advance.
12. Whoever is planning date is also responsible for securing a babysitter.
30 DAYS OF DATING GOALS
1. To find more happiness with each other.
2. To learn more about each other that doesn't have to do with food, restaurants, asshole business partners, lying friends, or finances.
3. To be kinder to each other.
4. To get busy.
5. To keep our relationship fresh and ever evolving. Fuck boring.
6. To fall in love again. And again. And again. And again.
Follow #30daysofdatingachef on FB, Twitter, Instagram and here at CW. We will be posting weekly post date questionnaires about the good, the bad, the beautiful, and the nasty.
Let the dating adventures begin!