For the holiday season there is no better beverage than eggnog. Here's how you can make your own nog at home:
What You Need:
- 2 dozen Eggs, separated
- 1 (750-mL) bottle VS cognac or brandy
- 16 oz rum
- 2 lb Powdered sugar
- 3 qt (96 oz) Whole milk
- 1 qt (32 oz) Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Grated nutmeg
How to Make:
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks until light and lemon-colored.
- While continuing to beat, add the brandy, rum, sugar, milk, heavy cream and salt. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and nutmeg until they form stiff peaks.
- Fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
- Serve in punch cups with grated nutmeg on top.