Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad for #heinensgrill
When Heinen's asked me if I wanted to partner up about grilling, I couldn't help but think of lettuce. Before the Chef and I fell in love I never in my entire life on this beautiful planet have thought of grilling lettuce and I am sure most of you haven't as well.
But then my fabulous husband put it on the menu at our restaurant The Greenhouse Tavern and I was hooked on grilled lettuce. It sounds weird but the grilled romaine Caesar salad is easily one of the best salads I have ever had and I never ever thought I could make it myself. So when Heinen's asked me to be a part of #heinensgrill I accepted and gave myself a challenge, learn how to make The Greenhouse Tavern's grilled romaine Caesar salad.
And learn I did!
What You Need for Grilled Lettuce:
1 Head of Romaine Lettuce
1 Tbsn Olive Oil
S & P
How to Grill Lettuce:
- Rince and pat romaine dry.
- Brush surface with olive oil and s & p mixture.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes, turning throughout.
- Remove from grill, slather with Caesar dressing and dried onions.
What you need for Cesar dressing:
12 egg yolks
½ c Dijon
¾ C Tavern Beer Vinegar (found on your Heinen's shelves or on Tavern Vinegar's website!!)
2 C pecorino
2 T ground black pepper
1 C olive oil
1 C blended oil
1 T fish sauce
How to make:
- Seperate egg yolks and egg whites discard egg whites not necessary for this recipe
- In the food processor add egg yolks, dijon, and vinegar turn food processor on and allow eggs to whip for 3 minutes or until they double in size
- Slowly incorporate EVO and blended oil creating an emulsion
- Once all olive oil is incorporated, add the pecorino cheese, black pepper, and fish sauce blend until smooth.
- Slather over grilled romaine head of lettuce.
For one fabulous Chef's Widow reader Heinens has offered to giveaway a tote full of grilling supplies. All you have to do is leave a comment here telling me your favorite grilling recipe or tweet/instagram/facebook this:
This grilled romaine caesar salad is the must grill of the season! http://www.chefswidow.com/food/heinensgrill #heinensgrill
I will choose a winner on Monday September 1st! Get yo #heinensgrill on!