Turmeric Roasted Turnips w/ turnip greens, GHT curry, crispy shallot & lime
4 Full Grown Tokyo Turnip (greens separated & blanched)
1Tbsp Coconut Milk
1Tbsp Crispy Shallot
2Tbsp GHT Turmeric Curry
GHT Turmeric Curry Time
1 1/2 cup Veggie Oil
1pc Sweet Onion, grated
1pc Carrot, grated
1Knob Ginger, freshly ground
4Tbsp Dried Turmeric, powdered
1Tbsp Garlic, smashed
1Tbsp Lemon Grass, grated
1Tbsp Galangal, Fresh Dried Pulverized
1tsp Tavern Vinegar Co. White Wine Vinegar
1Cup High Quality Curry Powder Or Paste
1 Lime, zested & Juiced
½ cup Water
Purchasing and Prep
1. Curry Time, heat a heavy ceramic lined sauce pan over medium high heat. Add 1 cup of oil and then add all fresh flavorings for turmeric curry (ginger, garlic, carrot, onion). Cover and Sauté for 5.
2. Add all dry spices and paste (basically the remainder of the ingredients, save for the wet.) Stir and cook for 10 minutes allow the mixture to attain their maximum tastiness.
3. Add the wet ingredients, (lime, vinegar and water) and allow to cook covered over low until mixture is thick as peanut butter, stirring all the while for around 30 minutes.
4. Puree turmeric sauce in blender, this’ll be enough for more than a couple recipes.
5. Heat ¼ cup oil in a saucepot; add turnip greens and season with S&P. Just warm through, as the have already been blanched. Reserve.
6. Heat the remaining oil in an ovenproof pan; add quartered turnips and season with S&P.
7. Over high heat, cook the turnips until they have a little color, do not over stir turnips. Add 2 Tbsp GHT turmeric curry & coconut milk and let them
8. Roast in 350 degree oven until cooked through, about 7-10 minutes
9. Serve atop the greens and garnish with crispy shallot and cilantro.