While living in Italy during college, I learned two things: Eating pasta for three months straight is not the best weight loss plan and vino caldo is a delicious drink that complements the fall and winter seasons. It's easy to make and it will warm your belly (and other places) quite quickly.
What You Need:
- Bottle Red Wine
- Orange Slices
- Red Pepper Flake
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Sugar (optional)
How to Make:
- Pour red wine in a sauce pan.
- Add 3 orange slices and 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flake.
- Simmer on low for 10-20 minutes.
- Dampen the rim of a mug and roll in sugar.
- Pour vino caldo in a mug and garnish with a cinnamon stick.