One of the more thrilling things to happen in my life is seeing my baby girl on the cover of her Dad's book Noodle Kids. The Chef and I are thrilled to announce his first family book is being released this January! It is available for presale here and I happen to have a 30% off coupon code for all presale orders. Use NOODLE30 at checkout for the discount. Wheeeeeeee!!!
On our dining room walls are inspired by Pantone Color of the Year "Radiant Orchid."
SW6798 Drama Violet on the walls, Sw7575 Web Grey on the ceiling.
Loving it so far. Life is too short for white walls.
How I Live Now is a stunning film the Chef and I accidentally watched on Netflix last week. The film is based on the book of the same name written by Meg Rosoff. The storyline follows an American girl to England at the beginning of World War III. The cinematography is stunning and the story, albeit scary and too realistic at times is beautiful.
out of 5 wine glasses
🍷: SKIP IT
🍷🍷: ONLY IF YOU WANNA GO TO SLEEP
🍷🍷🍷: WAIT FOR DVD
🍷🍷🍷🍷: WORTH A WATCH
🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷: QUIT YOUR JOB & WATCH IMMEDIATLEY!
When it comes to my face I am a product virgin. I don't do soaps or cleanser. Toners are not in my vocab. For years people have been telling me to implement a sysytem for my face care regime, but so far I think my system of au natural works pretty great. I don't break out, my skin is smooth and soft, and you couldn't find any shine even if you put me under a microscope.
I like my skin.
I like my skin regiment. It's easy, quick, and fits my lifestyle. I wash my face with water, I use apricot oil as a moisturizer. One and done. But sometimes my simple regime needs a push. Recently I read about Calcium Bentonite Clay, a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. In other words, when mixed with water and applied to your skin it acts as a sponge, absorbing toxins and impurities that live there. It's rad and it makes your skin feel like a zillion bucks!
Bentonite Clay has so many other uses as well. Here are a few from Empowered Sustanence:
- Detox Your Hair – Wellness Mama
- Homemade Clay Toothpaste – Keeper of the Home
- Bentonite Clay Detox Bath – Homegrown & Healthy
- Bentonite Clay Rose Water Face Mask - Hug A Tree With Me
- Homemade Calamine Lotion – Nourishing Joy
- DIY Mascara - Body Unburdened
- Homemade Deodorant – Frugally Sustainable
- Bentonite Clay Paste - Whey Beyond The Naked Truth
- Bentonite Fruit & Veggie Wash – About Clay
- Bentonite Clay Poultice For Rashes, Burns, & Bites - Everyday Roots
- Bentonite Clay for Eczema – Livestrong on YouTube
- Bentonite Clay in Soap – Yahoo
- Skin Bleaching (Tattoo Lightener) – Ehow
- Heavy Metal Detox - Like A Mustard Seed
- Shaving Soap - Blue Aspen Originals