The Amazing Bentonite Clay
When it comes to my face I am a product virgin. I don't do soaps or cleanser. Toners are not in my vocab. For years people have been telling me to implement a sysytem for my face care regime, but so far I think my system of au natural works pretty great. I don't break out, my skin is smooth and soft, and you couldn't find any shine even if you put me under a microscope.
I like my skin.
I like my skin regiment. It's easy, quick, and fits my lifestyle. I wash my face with water, I use apricot oil as a moisturizer. One and done. But sometimes my simple regime needs a push. Recently I read about Calcium Bentonite Clay, a unique clay due to its ability to produce an “electrical charge” when hydrated. Upon contact with fluid, its electrical components change, giving it the ability to absorb toxins. Bentonite is known for its ability to absorb and remove toxins, heavy metals, impurities, and chemicals. In other words, when mixed with water and applied to your skin it acts as a sponge, absorbing toxins and impurities that live there. It's rad and it makes your skin feel like a zillion bucks!
Bentonite Clay has so many other uses as well. Here are a few from Empowered Sustanence:
- Detox Your Hair – Wellness Mama
- Homemade Clay Toothpaste – Keeper of the Home
- Bentonite Clay Detox Bath – Homegrown & Healthy
- Bentonite Clay Rose Water Face Mask - Hug A Tree With Me
- Homemade Calamine Lotion – Nourishing Joy
- DIY Mascara - Body Unburdened
- Homemade Deodorant – Frugally Sustainable
- Bentonite Clay Paste - Whey Beyond The Naked Truth
- Bentonite Fruit & Veggie Wash – About Clay
- Bentonite Clay Poultice For Rashes, Burns, & Bites - Everyday Roots
- Bentonite Clay for Eczema – Livestrong on YouTube
- Bentonite Clay in Soap – Yahoo
- Skin Bleaching (Tattoo Lightener) – Ehow
- Heavy Metal Detox - Like A Mustard Seed
- Shaving Soap - Blue Aspen Originals