Family Dinner #1
After my kids menus post I received quite a few comments and emails regarding WHAT I actually cook for my family. I received so many inquiries that I have decided to do a weekly family dinner post. Once a week I will post an actual meal that I actually cook that my kids actually eat.
Let's do this yo. This is a quicky, easy, and HEALTHY dinner that shows up on our plates frequently. We love us some lentils. Hope you enjoy our Family Dinner #1:
Carrots & Lentils
4c Sliced Carrots
3 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tspn Suga'
2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
1 Half of an Onion Chopped
1/2 Tspn Coriander
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste mixed with 1 Tbsp H20
- Cook lentils. Set aside lentils and 1c of lentil water.
- In a large pan heat olive oil and coriander seeds on medium high heat.
- Add chopped onion and minced garlic. Cook until tender.
- Add sliced carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Add tomato paste mixture, sugar, and lentils.
- Add lentil water to cover lentils.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes or until all water is gone.
- Add salt to taste.
- If so inclined, add vinegar once served.
- Eat & Enjoy!!
This recipe was adapted for my kids. The original recipe called for 4 cloves of garlic, more coriander, and a large onion. I know what the mini's like so I modify what I cook for them. Hence less garlic and coriander. I encourage all parents to do the same with their own children!