Gather Here with Grateful Hearts
After a tumultuous year of ups and many downs I still find myself thankful for so much. We are a blessed in a million and one ways:
- I am thankful that I married my best friend who also happens to be the hardest working man I have ever know, a sincere and adoring father, and someone who inspires me every single day.
- I am thankful that after 7 years of marriage we still like each other and laugh at each other's jokes.
- I am thankful that my son is so sensitive. He takes my hard shell and has gradually softened it over the past 8 years. For this, I am grateful.
- I am thankful my daughter makes me laugh almost every single second of the day. She is no doubt adding on years of life to mine that I probably took off while in college.
- I am thankful for Potato the Pitbull because he is the best goddamn human dog I have ever known.
- I am thankful for Vito because he licks my feet at night.
- I am thankful for our chickens because they provide us with beautiful all natural eggs. They are also silly catty bitches who are super fun to watch. For this I am grateful.
- I am thankful for my father in law. Without him, this year would have been waaaaaaaaay worse.
- I am thankful for my dad. His daily phone calls make me sane.
- I am thankful for my stepmom for being the yin to my dad's yang.
- I am thankful my brother is sober.
- I am thankful for my mother in law who continues to teach even though she could be enjoying retirement because she loves the kids.
- I am thankful that after 14 years of nasty letters from my mom, I finally got a nice one.
- I am thankful that everyday I am able to cook a from scratch meal for my family.
- I am thankful that our restaurants continue to grow and thrive. It feels good to work so hard for something (and someone) you believe.
- I am thankful that I am happy.
- I am thankful that greed, money, control, and power have no role in our life and neither do people who embody those traits.
- I am grateful to reconnect with an old friend.
- I am thankful that in some states people are finally recognizing that love is just love no matter who it is.
- I am thankful for my best friend of 29 years who stands by my side and listens to my sob stories on the daily.
- I am thankful for this blog for introducing me to so many wonderful people.
- I am thankful for you.
What are you thankful for on this wonderful day?